Every quarter, CoinDesk releases its excellent State of Bitcoin Report proving an accurate benchmark of where the Bitcoin ecosystem stands. We were very fortunate to be joined by the man who compiles the State of Bitcoin Report, Garrick Hileman. As an economic historian at the London School of Economics and a frequent contributor to CoinDesk, Garrick is best know as an expert on Bitcoin and other currencies.
The topics we covered included:
– The recent $5m hack on Bitstamp
– Startup activity and VC investments
– The continually slumping Bitcoin price
– Merchant and user adoption
– What we should look forward to in 2015
We would like to pay our respects to the 17 innocent people who lost their lives in the recent terror attacks in Paris. Our thoughts are with their families and loved ones. Je suis Charlie!
– Garrick’s Website: http://www.garrickhileman.com
– Stake of Bitcoin 2015 Report (CoinDesk): http://www.coindesk.com/state-bitcoin…
– New Index Ranks Argentina ‘Most Likely’ to Adopt Bitcoin (CoinDesk): http://www.coindesk.com/argentina-mos…
Show notes: http://epicenterbitcoin.com/podcast/061
Running time: 1 hour 12 minutes
Epicenter Bitcoin is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain & Sébastien Couture and is available on iTunes, SoundCloud, Mixcloud, Stitcher and other podcast aggregators.